Made from overripe grapes, harvested in mid-October, it nonetheless maintains the freshness that is typical of the variety.
It takes its name from the historic Tower of San Martino, which lies just a short distance from the vineyards.
Grape variety: 100% Turbiana di Lugana
Type of soil: morainic, with combinations of clays and limestone, rich in mineral salts
Vines per hectare: 4500
Harvest period: mid-October
Type of harvest: manual, in small crates, passing several times through the vineyard, obtained from over-ripe grapes from our oldest vineyards
Vinification: in stainless steel
Maturation: in stainless steel for 7 months, plus six months in new, steam-treated tonneaux
Alcohol level: 13.5% - 14.0% vol.
It has a pale straw yellow colour, with reflections that are greenish when young and tend towards golden as it matures.
The nose is concentrated and varied, with fragrances of white flowers and fresh fruit, as well as intense citrusy notes; its breadth, structure and complexity underline the typical characteristics of the variety.
On the palate it is appealingly well-balanced, whilst also displaying an attractive freshness, marked minerality and notable persistence.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADESPremi e Riconoscimenti
- 2016 - Medaille d'Argent - Concours Mondial Bruxelles 2018
- 2016 - 90 Points- Vinitaly International Wine Guide - The Book 2018
- 2016 - Gold Medal – Mundus Vini 2018
- 2016 - 85 Points – Mundus Vini 2018
- 2016 - 4 Stars Vini Buoni D'Italia Touring Editore 2018
- 2016 - 86 Points - Mundus Vini 2017
- 2016 - Silver Medal San Francisco International Wine Competition 2017
- 2015 - 3 Rosoni - Vinetia 2017 (AIS Veneto)
- 2013 - 85 Points - Mundus Vini 2014
- 2011 - 84 Points - Mundus Vini 2013
- 2010 - Merum Selezione Vino - 2 cuori "Sehr schöner Wein"
- 2010 - Gold - Berliner Wein Trophy 2012
- 2010 - Medaille d'Or - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2012
- 2010 - Silver Medal - IWC International Wine Challenge 2012
- 2010 - Silver Medal - DWWA Decanter World Wine Award 2012
- 2010 - Diploma Di Gran Menzione - 19° Concorso Enologico Internazionale Vinitaly 2011
- 2009 - Bronze Medal - DWWA Decanter World Wine Award 2012
- 2009 - Commended - DWWA Decanter World Wine Award 2011
- 2009 - Diploma di Gran Menzione - 19° Concorso Enologico Internazionale Vinitaly 2011
- 2009 - Diploma di Merito - Selezione Nazionale Vino Da Pesce 2011
- 2008 - Bronze Medal - IWC International Wine Challenge 2010
- 2008 - Diploma Di Gran Menzione - 18° Concorso Enologico Internazionale Vinitaly 2010