Il Vecchio Vigneto
San Martino della Battaglia DOC
This DOC – one of the smallest in Italy – is based on the Tuchì grape, as our grandparents used to call Tocai (now Friulano).
With this well-structured yet fresh and pleasantly citrusy wine, we are proud to carry on a tradition that is deeply rooted in this area.
Grape variety: 100% Tuchì di San Martino della Battaglia
Very limited production and little-known; typical of Lake Garda
Type of soil: morainic, with combinations of clays and limestone, rich in mineral salts
Vines per hectare: 3000
Harvest period: end of September – early October
Type of harvest: manual, in small crates, passing twice through the vineyard
Vinification: in stainless steel
Maturation: in stainless steel for 7 months, around 6 of which on its fine lees
Alcohol level: 12.5% - 13.0% vol.
Its colour is a pale straw yellow. It has a delightfully delicate nose, conveying sensations of white flowers and fresh almonds.
In the mouth it is elegant, with graceful fruit that underlines its well-balanced flavour; the palate echoes the sensations on the nose, along with an almondy aftertaste.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- 2014 - 3 Stars Vini Buoni D'Italia Touring Editore 2016
- 2014 - 87 Points Wine Enthusiast Magazine June 2015
- 2013 - Bronze Medal - International Wine and Spirits Competition UK IWSC 2014
- 2013 - Silver Medal - DWWA Decanter World Wine Award 2014
- 2013 - Silver Medal Los Angeles wine and Spirit Competition
- 2012 - Silver- Berliner Wine Trophy2013
- 2011 - Commended - DWWA Decanter World Wine Award 2012
- 2010 - Medaille d’Argent - Concours Mondial Bruxelles 2012
- 2010 - Silver Medal - IWC International Wine Challenge 2012
- 2010 - Diploma di Merito - Selezione Nazionale Vino Da Pesce 2011
- 2007 - Diploma di Merito - Selezione Nazionale Vino Da Pesce 2009
- 2008 - Diploma Di Gran Menzione - 17° Concorso Enologico Internazionale Vinitaly 2009